Take our online
Test your Knowledge
Benefits of The DAPA Programs
The Benefits of our
The Core of our
• Companies gain important benefits by implementing DAPA Diversity Training programs: First, the
company minimizes the costs and risks of litigation based on employee claims of discrimination,
harassment, and retaliation. That exposure can be enormous. The garden-variety discrimination case
costs an average of $125,000 in legal fees—even when the employer ultimately succeeds. Should the
employee win, the overall median verdict over the past seven years is 188,000, exclusive of the $250,000
in employee legal fees ultimately payable by the employer. When employers are accused of discriminating
by a group of employees, the exposure can run into eight figures. None of this takes into account the
damage to the company’s reputation from adverse publicity. Can any company afford to offend entire
demographic segments of its customer base? These are not idle risks. The Florida Commission of
Human Relations has investigated and closed over 74,000 discrimination cases.
• Second, programs designed to promote diversity can be a powerful defense against claims for
punitive damages, because it demonstrates a company’s good faith commitment to an equal opportunity
workplace, thereby undermining claims that the employer should be punished for the malicious actions of
a supervisor or co-worker.
• The indirect benefits of DAPA Diversity Training programs may be harder to measure but no less
significant. Increasing mutual respect and tolerance among employees translates into fewer turnovers;
less time spent conducting internal investigations; and less managerial distraction from the company’s
mission. Employees who feel abused by co-workers or supervisors often develop or aggravate stress-
related health conditions resulting in greater absenteeism, health care expenses, and EAP costs.
Additional Benefits of DAPA Training:
• DAPA Training reduces / eliminates offensive speech in workplaces, creating a more enjoyable,
friendly and productive work environment, that is beneficial for workers and customers alike.
• DAPA Training is successful in making participants reflect upon prejudice and intolerance and in
getting them to engage in real activities that contribute to bringing more respect and understanding to their
• DAPA Training participants are more inclined to take an active role where they work and live, because
they become more inclusive, more tolerant, and more conscious of their roles as citizens.
• DAPA Training inspires participants to grow in a spirit of inclusion that has an overall positive effect
on the entire company.
What the EEOC is Saying:
“Corporate America needs to do a better job of proactively preventing discrimination and addressing
complaints promptly and effectively. To insure that equality of opportunity becomes a reality in the 21st
century workplace, employers need to place a premium on fostering inclusive and discrimination-free
work environments for all individuals.”
Naomi C. Earp
EEOC Commission Chair
|LEARN HOW DAPA IS DIFFERENT
"South Florida's Most Effective
Diversity Training Programs"
Diversity Training - Consulting Services - Cultural Competency
|OFF-SITE PRESCHEDULED TRAINING
Entire Site Contents - © Copyright 2003-2009 One Planet United, Inc. All Rights Reserved